York is one of England’s finest and most beautiful historic cities. The Romans knew it as Eboracum. To the Saxons it was Eoforwick. The Vikings – who came as invaders but stayed on in settlements – called it Jorvik. Its more recent history also characterises the city – its Minster and medieval architecture, its Georgian town houses, and its wonderful Victorian railway station.
My pictures of York will include some that tourists and even locals don’t see – enjoy!
- Weekend Vibes
- So tired…Well my answer is yes, I’m feeling really exhausted and I’m so ready for a few days off coming … More So tired…
- Lake District Memories IVIt’s Sunday so it must be visit the Lake District day! Today I’ve included a video of how powerful … More Lake District Memories IV
- RobinsFor the past few weeks, every time I pop into the garden, there appears two Robins watching my every … More Robins
- Thursday ThrowbackWhether it’s watching the sunset on the beach when you’re on holiday, or just catching a vanishing glimpse of … More Thursday Throwback
- The best place……Is the sunniest spot in the house! The Cat of the House by Ford Madox Ford Over the hearth … More The best place…
- Tuesday’s QuoteIt was a beautiful bright autumn day,with air like cider and a sky so blue you could drown in … More Tuesday’s Quote
- Long shadowsWe all grow tired eventually; it happens to everyone.Even the sun, at the close of the year, is no … More Long shadows
- Lake District Memories IIIIt’s Sunday so it must be visit the Lake District day! So missing the Lake District, Cumbria. It is … More Lake District Memories III
- Indian SummerBrilliant blue sky & hot Autumn sun today (Friday). How lovely to be sat basking in the garden. The … More Indian Summer